Sometimes brands need a boost. Maybe not from the dead like Jesus did. But at least from the brink of stagnation in the marketplace. So, in celebration of Easter this Sunday, here's a look at some of the most notable brand makeovers that attempt to "resurrect" their image:
- LIVESTRONG Foundation did a brand makeover due in a large part to Lance Armstrong's public admission.
More about the LIVESTRONG brand.
- Autodesk logo redesign.
I don't think it's all that bad except the resemblance to Adobe's logo. Apparently some designers feel more negatively about the logo than I do.
- The new Pepsi bottle redesign.
- USA Today has a new look that caught a lot of attention.
- Walmart's clever brand refresh done by the brilliant Lippincott branding firm.
And the history of the Walmart logo.
- Microsoft redesigns it's logo, and what Armin Vit thinks of it.
A student's popular redesign suggestion.
Photo courtesy clarita of morgueFile.com