It's that time of year again. I really like Christmas. It not only glorifies the coming of Christ, but it's a fun holiday too. It's a time of joy, good intentions, giving, and fun.
But sometimes it can be a little difficult finding the right types of gifts for people. And I know that most non-designers don't have a clue what to get their graphic designer friends. Well, I hope this post helps a bit. Here's a list of gift ideas most designers would really appreciate.
- Pantone swatch book ($140)
- Moleskine journal or sketchbook ($12)
- Watercolor pencils ($35), (Prismacolor's website)
- Designing Brand Identity by Alina Wheeler ($30), I would highly recommend this book
- The Copywriter's Handbook by Robert Bly ($15), another book I would highly recommend
- Forms, Folds, and Sizes by Poppy Evans ($20)
- Lynda.com ($25 for a month)
- Creative Edge ($25 for a month)
- How magazine ($30 for a year)
- Before and After ($36 for 24 PDF issues)
- Shutterstock.com ($230 for a month of downloads or $50 for 5 images)
Photo courtesy mconnors of Morguefile.com