Monday, March 02, 2009

Six-Words for Graphic Design

There are sites that power the imagination. I really enjoy the site, Six-Word Memoirs. The words may be brief, but put together, they can become very powerful stories.

This got me thinking. If I were to summarize what graphic design is in six words, how would I describe it? Here are some feeble attempts:
  • Type and images communicating a message.
  • How do you communicate a message?
  • Ideas made understandable, concrete, and attractive.
  • Capturing elusive ideas and communicating them.
  • The art and science of communication
  • Bridging gaps between messenger and receiver.
By all means help me by adding your own, even if you are not a designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. But comments with links will be deleted (unless truly helpful).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...