Thursday, August 24, 2006

Practical Branding

I was driving the other day behind a company van. The van had writing all over it about the company it represented. The phone number to call was on back, and the logo and graphics signaled what it was.

The other thing is that the company did work on people's cars to keep them clean and whatever. But as I was driving behind this vehicle, I noticed that the driver was smoking and throwing his butts out the window. Then he threw some trash out, and spit out the window. He did other things, but the point I am trying to make is that the graphics meant very little at that point. I wondered why I would want to have them cleaning my car, even if I were driving a clunker.

The brand spoke loud with the drivers actions. I am sure he was unaware, but it is true nonetheless. I hope when we talk about our brands we are not just talking about a logo. Our brand encompasses our attitudes, actions, employees, phone manners, consistent messages, and if we do that well, our graphic images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. But comments with links will be deleted (unless truly helpful).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...