Thursday, May 09, 2013

Remembering Mom

It’s that time of year again. It’s the time to remember our mothers and thank them for raising us, putting up with us, and just plain loving us. Although not everyone may have fond thoughts of their mothers, most people do. It’s something about motherhood that’s such a special role.

I want to take the time and remember my mom
who passed away on New Year’s Eve of 2006. I still miss her greatly. She understood me like no one else can. Although she wasn’t a graphic designer, she fostered my desire to be creative. And although she had been a scientist, teacher, and a psychotherapist in her lifetime, she pursued painting and other creative pursuits to stretch herself.

I even see aspects of creativity in my sisters, even though they are in different fields. One sister can sing and play piano really well, and the other does art in a studio, makes jewelry, and practices photography.

I really appreciate the influence my mom had on me. And the understanding and love she showed me. I really miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. But comments with links will be deleted (unless truly helpful).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...