Monday, February 22, 2010

Friday the 15th of January

This is the date our marketing (creative) unit was told to hand in our keys, go home, and take our stuff with us. We all sat there stunned. We were not prepared. We had no boxes or time to think. Even though our immediate supervisor allowed us to come in the next week or so to finalize our departure, the experience was really unsettling.

I suppose the economy made us expendable. But when I was discussing this with a printing vendor, he and I agreed that this is not the time to get rid of creative staff. Actually, this is the time to do more promotional marketing, not less. But what do I know?

So, now I am trying to figure out if I should focus on finding a new full-time job or work my own business. To be honest, I prefer full-time employment, since my kids are so young. And, I don't feel like starting over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. But comments with links will be deleted (unless truly helpful).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...