Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hungry for What?

I have to admit upfront that this is a bit of a rambling post. I was just sitting here thinking about my business model, and the future it holds for me. Am I hungry for more work or more clients? Do I desire better-paying jobs, or better paying clients? Do I seek fulfilling design work, or enjoyable clients? On the surface, I would say both! But now I am not so sure.

If I seek the work, the jobs, or the thrilling, that is what I may get. But I have to admit, I am not sure that is what I really want in the long run. Those types of moments tend to be fleeting and dissipate in time, or simply transform into something else during the process. But when I think about seeking after a certain type of client, the outcome seems more satisfying, even in the longterm.

After all, I don't desire making a living producing volume business as much as enjoying satisfying business relationships. Each may pay the bills, but one has a better future. The process of finding these types of clients seems scary to me. But, I have to think more deeply about this.

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing these types of questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. But comments with links will be deleted (unless truly helpful).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...